Our client, a mid – sized Financial Service Company based in Kampala Uganda is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager who will be responsible for streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. He/she will also work closely with other departmental heads in managing, monitoring and improving efficiency of the full department, driving productivity. The ideal candidate Must have over 4+ years’ experience in a Senior Management role developing emerging markets in the Financial Service sector.
- Maintain and oversee growth of the Company products and services and the supporting policies and recommend changes as required to meet business KPIs
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the business unit’s services through regular review and improvements to each department and product.
- Oversee the full range of managerial duties for the loan review, compliance, collections, and credit analysis functions including adherence to policies and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls in Company product
- Undertake the business unit’s financial reporting; revenue tracking; cost control measures; forecasting and budgeting functions for Company product.
- Manage and control disbursement capital on mobile money platforms
- Set up and provide reports on key financial indicators as required
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Lead and oversee the business support functions on a day to day basis to deliver high quality services to stakeholders
- Direct short-term and long-term planning and budget development to support strategic business goals
- Work with all teams to ensure delivery against the strategic direction set by the CEO and Board.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization
- Mentor and train others within the operations team, developing staff into future roles within the business.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have experience working in the Financial Sector.
- Must have over 4+ years’ experience in a Senior Management role developing emerging markets in the Financial Service sector.
- Advanced organizational leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written, oral and client-facing communication skills
- Delivery-focused mindset
- Cost-control and ability to operate within budgetary requirements
- Strong analytical abilities and problem resolution skills
- Strong strategic focus for business planning
- Strong planning and organizational abilities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong client service orientation
Please click on the tab below to apply: