Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a UK shipping company for laptops and gadgets is seeking to hire an operations manager. The main purpose for this role holder is to provide, smooth operational processes at the Kenya depot. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of laptop shipping operations, including receiving orders online, importation, warehousing, packaging, last mile delivery and returns. The ideal candidate Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations management for a large company preferably electronics shipping.
- Ensure smooth operation from receiving orders online, importation, warehousing, packaging, last mile delivery and returns.
- Manage process of importation, from moment supplier send packaging list, to the arrival of the cargo to warehousing.
- Manage warehousing including sorting and classifying products, asset tracking and analytics.
- Manage distribution including client pick-ups and deliveries/returns and remote distribution points management.
- Manage inventory at the warehouse.
- Liaise with clearance agency, sales team, tech team, warehouse team, resellers/ distributors and clients to ensure a seamless process.
- Promote and maintain exceptional customer and client experience from order placement, at the warehouse and on delivery.
- Must have a Relevant bachelor’s degree, master is highly preferable.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience working as an operations manager for a large company preferably electronics shipping.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft power point and excel, google drive/ docs and asset and warehouse management software as well as CRM and ERP.
- Must be organized and disciplined to their individual routine (preferably a hobby they maintain routine with)
- Must be an entrepreneur and display business management skills.
- Preferable candidate should have travelled out of Kenya and must be open minded.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***