Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a Container shipping and leasing company is seeking to hire an Operations Supervisor responsible for overseeing and coordinating the efficient and compliant operations of the container shipping company’s branches in Kenya. This includes managing staff, ensuring license renewals, and optimizing the workflow to meet industry standards and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate MUST have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the container shipping industry, with a track record of progressive responsibility.
- Supervise, lead, and motivate a team of operational staff, including cargo handlers, clerks, and other personnel.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to enhance team performance and adherence to safety and operational procedures.
- Monitor and ensure the timely renewal of all required licenses, permits, and certifications to maintain legal compliance.
- Manage and coordinate daily operations at multiple branches within Kenya.
- Ensure consistency in operational standards, adherence to company policies, and alignment with organizational goals.
- Efficiently allocate resources, including equipment, labour, and time, to maximize productivity while controlling costs.
- Manage budgets for the operations department and monitor expenses and work within budgetary constraints.
- Implement and oversee quality control measures to ensure that cargo handling and shipping processes meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Relevant business-related Degree.
- Must have a Minimum of 4 years of experience in the container shipping industry, with a track record of progressive responsibility.
- In-depth knowledge of Kenyan shipping regulations, licensing requirements, and customs procedures.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills for effective team management.
- Analytical skills for data analysis and decision-making.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***