Our client, a leading export Herbs Farm in Kenya, is looking to hire a Packhouse Manager who will be responsible for overall pack house operations. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy post-harvest operation.
- Ensure that all raw material received from the fields are graded to the right specification, correct quality, on time grading, processing and order dispatch deadlines adhered to
- Manage pack house operational costs within the set budget including setting and justifying capex requirements.
- Ensure a safe working environment by regularly auditing and enforcing health and safety and cleanliness standards for the Pack House and by securing appropriate protective clothing and working tools for employees
- Daily communication with the Managing Director on all packhouse issues.
- Ensure compliance with technical and customer specifications
- Liaising with all departments to ensure correct specifications and quality product received in timely manner.
- Ensuring good staffing levels throughout the pack house, managing labour issues with assistance from HR dept as required
- Identifying training needs of pack house staff and ensuring training is done in conjunction with HR dept.
- Daily communication with Sales unit to ensure orders are met on time.
- Ensuring the target efficiencies levels are met and continuously improved.
- Developing and implementing desired culture change.
- Development and introduction of new processing techniques.
- Equipment source and development and scheduling maintenance.
- Develop, review and implement standard operating procedures for the Pack House in line with market standards and various audit organization on best practices
- Auditing including cross functional and third-party auditing as and when necessary.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of computers especially Microsoft office applications.
- Must have a minimum of five years hands- on experience in a busy post-harvest operation.
- Should have ability to establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with customers, workers, other departments, to ensure continued commercial benefit for the company.
- Should be an independent thinker with the highest level of integrity.
- Should be a strong team player with proven people management skills.
- Must have proven administrative, leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to impart knowledge and skills to a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be familiar with market requirements and able to advance formalized systems of work including SOPs and policies.
Please click on the tab below to apply: