Our client, a well-established Restaurant in Kuwait is looking to recruit a Pastry Chef. The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient operation of the pastry and bakery department including baked food preparation, presentation, supervision, training, storage and close liaison with the other kitchen departments and restaurants for proper handling of fixtures and equipment. Applicants MUST apply with updated portfolios of their recent creations.
- Prepare, cook and present pastry and bread items to satisfy the establishment production requirement.
- Prepare and maintain the recipes file and menu planning.
- Prepare the requisitions to be sent to the stores.
- Ensure portion control and standard planning.
- Participate in and supervise the preparation of all baked goods, pastries and desserts.
- Create new desserts/pastry and bakery items.
- Ensure high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
- Improve food production and presentation.
- Ensure high quality of baked food and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all kitchen/restaurant outlets and pastries are supplied with required baked goods.
- Check daily function sheet and menu to ensure appropriate production levels.
- MUST have 3-5 years of international experience.
- Adaptable, creative and innovative.
- Proven working experience as a Pastry Chef.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- MUST formal Culinary Certificates.
- International experience will be an added advantage.
- Must have a valid Passport.
Please click on the tab below to apply: