Our client based in Westlands is seeking a talented Pastry Chef with experience preparing a variety of pastries for customers. Your skill in baking high-quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes. The desired candidate Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Chef.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods following traditional and modern recipes.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc.
- Understand visitors’ preferences and make suggestions based on findings.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew restaurant menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report malfunctions.
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field.
- At least 3 years proven experience as a pastry chef, baker or relevant role.
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Please click on the tab below to apply: