Our client, one of the leading players in the East African motor industry with exclusive distribution of different automotive brands both medium and heavy commercial vehicles is seeking to recruit an Accounts Payables. He/she will be responsible for ensuring management gets accurate Profit & Loss accounts, Balance Sheet with all control accounts analysed & reconciled for proper management decision-making. He/she must also have a minimum of 5 years of working experience as a Payables Accountant.
- Review the various inputs to General Ledger, debtors, and creditors accounts.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and supporting schedules.
- Review the various general ledger reconciliation and accounting schedules in liaison with the section supervisors.
- Handle all insurance accident claims and settlements.
- Prepare annual budgets and end-year accounts.
- Liaise with all branch accountants in their day-to-day financial operations.
- Verify and approve petty cash and cheque payments.
- Resolve internal and external audit issues.
- Oversee payments and processing of statutory returns.
- Control of all expenses.
- Confirm payments through the bank accounts and guarantees.
- Coordinate activities of accounts department namely ledger, costing, banks, payroll, credit and debtors’ section.
- Must have a Relevant Degree in Accounting.
- Must be CPA (U) finalist.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Accounting/ Finance.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must be conversant with accounting packages/systems.
- Must have the ability to plan own work effectively and meet deadlines. Contribute to the short-term planning of department.
- Principle source of operational advice to the team.
- Show initiative in taking on greater responsibilities without being asked. Demonstrate persistence in the face of resistance.
Please click on the tab below to apply: