Our client, one of the leading logistics providers in East Africa is looking to recruit an Accountant whose primary role will be to manage all Accounts payable. He/she will responsible for preparing sundry payables/ remittances and reconciliations of the same to their relevant statements and accounting system in order to meet various stipulated deadlines for payment runs. The successful candidate Must have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Managing company accounts and ensuring prompt payment within stipulated time limits
- Updating clients’ details into the system.
- Reviewing all invoices and correctly posting them into the system.
- Ensuring withholding VAT, withholding tax and all statutory deductions related to payments made have been duly deducted and paid to KRA.
- Making payments for all approved subscriptions, licenses and statutory requirements.
- Reconciling supplier statements in the system.
- Preparing remittance advices.
- Filing all accounting documents relating to account payables.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to the job holder from time to time.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Must be CPA (K) or ACCA finalist.
- Must have a Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Must be Proficient in using Accounting system, General Accounting skills and Computer skills especially excel.
- Must be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Must be organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Flexibility and commitment.
- Must be highly reliable and Confidentiality.
- Results oriented and ability to deliver within very strict deadlines.
- Can work under minimal supervision.
Please click on the tab below to apply;