Our client, the fastest growing aquaculture start-up and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa is looking to recruit a Procurement Assistant The successful candidate will ensure that procurement practices are undertaken as per the instructions of the Procurement Manager while enforcing transparency and accountability in the procurement process to ensure value for money. The ideal candidate MUST have at least 3 years of experience as a procurement assistant.
- Identification of needs from user departments through weekly standard requisition and categorizing requests into discrete groups of similar products.
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers suitable to fulfilling our requirement
- Inviting and analyzing negotiated quotations through submission of VF Standard quote comparison
- Raising purchase orders to respective suppliers based on user departments requirements and following up with accounts team regarding payment.
- Coordinating delivery of goods within specified lead time with suppliers by confirming PO, Delivery note, invoice match quality and specifications before acceptance of goods
- Coordinating with the logistics department to ensure items procured are transported to the farm with the earliest available truck.
- Ensure safe custody of procurement-related documents such as invoices and delivery notes for purposes of reference, supplier dispute and reconciliation of accounts.
- Represent the interest of the company in all supplier negotiations, ensure the company gets the best deals that project the best value for money, setup, and manage supplier contracts.
- Degree / Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies.
- Must have over 3 years of experience in a busy procurement environment preferably FMCG
- Must have Interpersonal skills.
- Reporting writing skills.
- Good Knowledge of Safety Management.
- Must display a high degree of Integrity.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in priorities.
Please click on the tab below to apply: