Our client, a high-end Safari Tour Company, is looking for an Operations/Product Manager for their DMC/Tour Services division for their offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate will preferably have at least 15 years of experience in the luxury travel industry with excellent interpersonal skills and that has developed a strong reputation in Kenya and abroad. He/she needs a solid understanding of how the travel and tourism industry works and a proven track record of successfully driving team sales and developing products. This is an organic and very diverse role and requires someone with a deep understanding of the brand/ethos. Experience working in an international environment to understand the global positioning of their products and services is an added advantage.
- Work with the marketing team and the TO Relationship manager to build relationships with TO’s.
- Working with Sales Manager to manage TO/TA relationships and grow their business.
- Oversee third-party contracting ensuring that all 3rd party contracts are compliant.
- Design new itineraries in line with the company goals and ethos.
- Coordinate and oversee the management of any complaints with the CEO.
- Be on hand for logistical support and crisis management as needed.
- Work with the product development team to onboard new properties and services.
- Work with the Sales Manager to organise farm trips.
- Work with the Sales Manager to organise annual team training, identifying areas for improvement and ensuring that the team have all the tools they need to succeed.
- Provide monthly sales reports.
- Being part of the duty manager rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality/Tourism or Sales & Marketing.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the luxury tourism industry.
- Experience running a team.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- East African knowledge is a must.
- Good understanding of the competitive environment.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply: