Our client, a global exporter of horticultural products with a local vegetable farm is currently looking to recruit a Production Manager. The candidate will be responsible for Planning and implementing the crop production programmes and harvest processes. The ideal candidate must have 7 years of experience in the Horticultural Industry with 5 years in a similar position.
• Planning and implementing crop production programmes and harvest processes.
• Work with head agronomist for all crop protection and nutrition programmes.
• Involvement in farm operations.
• Control the production forecasts to meet markets demands and strategic plans.
• Manage propagation procedures.
• Full control of the production process for quality and markets’ conforming products.
• Observe full levels of ethical, environmental and Food Safety standards.
• Understanding of internal audits on various standards.
• Preparation and facilitating of various farm schedules.
• Monitoring farms planting programmes to meet the commercial requirements.
• Allocate crops to plant in different sites depending on the climatic conditions.
• Develop picking structures in the fields.
• Develop a skilled workforce for the field’s production units.
• Prepare and review job descriptions for field staff
• Managing a team of pickers and field workers.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or related field.
• Must have 7 years of experience with 5 in a similar position.
• Must have clear understanding of the production control process.
• Must have experience in Quality control in the same industry.
• Clear understanding of the internal audit processes.
• Excellent people management skills.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;