A group of Companies with Companies diversified in a wide range of business activities ranging from Agri, Real Estate, Energy and Trading are seeking to recruit Production Manager to Manage tea plantations and ensure quality in tea production. The ideal candidate must have an outstanding knowledge of crop production and ability to have a firm grip of all growing matters on the farm. Essential to be able to accurately project picks and work to agreed targets. The candidate Must have 5 years of experience as a production Manager in a large tea planting Industry.
- Planning and implementing the crop production programs and harvest processes.
- Work with head agronomist for all crop protection and nutrition programs.
- Farm operations such as cultivation, drilling, spraying, fertilizing and irrigation.
- Control production information and forecasts to meet markets demands and strategic plans.
- Produce quality issues and complaints pertaining to field production processes.
- Full control of the production process to ensure good quality and markets’ conforming products.
- Observe full levels of ethical, environmental and Safety standards.
- Understanding of internal audits on various global.
- Preparation and facilitating of various farm schedules, (Audit schedules, Field testing/ analysis schedules, staff training schedules etc.)
- Monitoring and confirming farms planting programs to meet the commercial requirements.
- Develop picking structures in the fields.
- Building up of skilled workforce for the field’s production units through recruitment and training.
- Managing a team of tea pickers and field workers.
- Must have more than 5 years of experience as Production Manager in Tea planting Industry.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agronomy.
- Must have a clear understanding of tea farm management procedures.
- Must have a clear understanding of the entire tea production process.
- Must have proven experience in training farmers on the pre-harvest and post-harvest tea handling procedures.
- Must have a clear understanding of the quality standards in the tea planting industry.
- Experience in people management in a similar position is mandatory.
Please click on the tab below to apply;