Our Client is a dynamic Strategic Communication Agency that specializes in implementing opinion- and behaviour- change communications campaigns in Somalia, Kenya and broader Eastern Africa. With Headquarters in Nairobi and with offices in Mogadishu, they use the power of media to bridge the gap between marginalised communities and security actors, promote women’s rights and entrepreneurship, improve public health and dissuade Somali youth from joining piracy. They are currently seeking to recruit a Program Coordinator & Research Assistant who will be responsible for supporting the Program Director in managing the implementation team at every step of campaign implementation, writing and research assignments, coordination and monitoring of tasks, assisting with all aspects of project delivery, quality control, M&E and reporting. The ideal candidate Must be Somali speaking.
- Maintaining relationships with key partners.
- Travel for key meetings and oversight.
- Coordinating a variety of tasks related to the implementation of strategic communications campaigns.
- Draft weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports on company projects.
- Assist in drafting and collating responses to requests for project proposals.
- Work closely with Somalia-based staff and external partners to effectively implement projects.
- Organize projects into doable tasks and set timeframes and goals; create and update workflows.
- Assist the creative team in conceptualisation, story-lining, cultural insights.
- Assist the Producer and Senior Screenwriter in organizing and directing aspects of production (e.g. auditions, rehearsals, recording and editing).
- Assist the Social Media Manager in tracking statistics and providing social media analysis for project reports.
- Conduct M&E of project progress and results.
- Provide feedback to the Program Manager on project strategy, activities and progress.
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system
- Participate in annual project reviews, creative brainstorming sessions and planning meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, public policy, international relations, economics, sociology or related field.
- Exposure to the field of counterterrorism, peace and development; and a good understanding of Eastern/Horn of Africa geographic region is an added advantage
- Must have excellent English and Somali; written and spoken
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superb organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and able to receive constructive feedback.
- Multi-tasking and process oriented.
- Interest in strategic communications, content production, peace and security in Eastern Africa.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- A good understanding of Social Media.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to show initiative.
- Ability to receive instructions and carry out effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to high-quality output.
- Ability to effectively engage partners including governments, NGOs, and financial service provider.
Please click on the tab below to apply;