Our client, an international company, is looking for a competent Project Accountant. The successful candidate will provide project accounting support to the business in order to facilitate effective and efficient execution of day-to-day project operations and monitor and ensure a controlled project accounting environment for all projects. Experience in the Kenyan power/energy sector is an added advantage.
- Assist with initiation and payment of payroll in a timely manner in line with the companies and KRA procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with initiation and payment of all taxes in a timely manner to the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Ensure none to minimum exposure to tax penalties due to non-payment.
- Develop/design and implement project financial administration and reporting processes.
- Assist with initiation and management of all banking and financial related activities across the numerous banking accounts according to lenders protocol.
- Support the overall project supply chain function and ensure that policies, systems and procedures are legally compliant.
- Allocate cost codes.
- Verify project deliverables (scope).
- Facilitate administration and payments to all project vendors and contracts by ensuring that policies, systems and procedures are legally compliant.
- Ensure effective stakeholder relationships (internal and external) as well as providing relevant support and services to applicable stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, in a relevant field such as B.Com (Accounting) or Finance.
- Between 3 and 5 years of Finance experience – experience in project management will be an added advantage.
- Must be a registered member of ICPAK.
- Additional Certification (CPA etc.) is a plus.
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite), strong knowledge of MS Excel skills is required.
- Familiar with project cost management concepts – s-curves, earned value, cost and schedule performance indices (CPI/SPI).
- Knowledge and understanding of financial models, loans and maturity rates, tax, VAT and extended liabilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex financial governance systems.
- Understanding of LIBOR rates, loan repayments and schedules, bonds and other insurances.
Please click on the tab below to apply: