Our client, a well-established Non-Governmental Organisation, focused on economic development through the funding of Infrastructure Projects across sub-Saharan Africa in collaboration With a Power Company based in Zambia, is looking to recruit a Project Director. The successful candidate MUST have relevant experience developing successful greenfield hydropower projects across Africa.
- Establish & manage a master strategy programme & budget for the remainder of the project’s development period.
- Maintain a focus on ensuring that the project’s economic fundamentals & structuring will be affordable.
- Ensure that the development of the project is conducted efficiently.
- Minimise overall development cost & schedule.
- Achieve the financial close of the project.
- Responsible for EPC & PPA contract negotiations.
- Must have experience working in Africa.
- An Engineering or Technical Degree will be preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience working in the power sector in emerging markets.
- Must demonstrate a successful track record in managing large infrastructure projects.
- Candidates with experience handling hydropower projects will have a distinct advantage.
- Excellent education track record.
- Must have proven experience in negotiating & structuring the EPC contract.
- Experience in raising debt & equity finance.
- Experience in reporting to SPV boards and managing various stakeholder interests.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete projects with limited resources and time constraints.
Please click on the tab below to apply: