Our client a global organisation is looking for Project Drivers in Dar es Salaam Tanzania. The project is to capture images of public streets and pedestrian areas, whilst at the same time testing our leading-edge imaging devices in local environments. The Driver will supply his own vehicle and use his own smartphone to control an imaging device whilst following navigated route instructions. The imaging device captures still photos of the area surrounding the vehicle and stores those images on an internal drive for later transfer onto an SSD (solid-state drive). The vehicle will be equipped with an imaging device, cabling and magnetic roof mount equipment to comply with road-safe laws and does not pose any special risk to others on the road.
- Drivers must ensure their car is operational daily.
- Responsible for parking and securing equipment at the end of each day.
- Transferring of data from the Imaging Device to the SSD.
- Supplying fuel, which will be compensated as part of the rate.
- Sending data disks to the client (however, their carriers and instructions will be provided during training).
- Having the appropriate insurance for the vehicle and type of work you are doing.
- Must have a personal car which is operated with a valid driving license.
- Familiarity using navigation/map systems will be an added advantage.
- Must own & know how to operate an Android smartphone.
- Basic computer skills i.e. able to write legible emails.
- Good communication skills (a good level of English is desirable).
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Previous experience with commercial driving is a big advantage.
- A dependable & reliable nature.
- Must live in or near proximity to mapping area & be available for a period of 6-12 weeks, dependent on the project.
- Must enjoy driving, with flexibility in schedule. The driver will work at least 5 days per week (8-10 hours a day).
Kindly forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the tab below to apply: