Our client is a leading provider of very high-resolution satellite data and analytics. They are currently running a project that aims at improving the livelihoods and incomes of smallholder coffee farmers in Kenya and Rwanda by delivering advice from satellite and advanced micro-climate information. They are currently seeking to recruit a Project Manager to manage the project in Kenya and Rwanda. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with in-country partners and agreed deliverables for the project. The ideal candidate must have strong knowledge and understanding of the coffee sector in East Africa with over 5 years working experience as a project/account manager.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with in-country partners and operate as the project’s in-country point of contact.
- Work with all project partners and other stakeholders to ensure that planned activities are delivered as agreed, within applicable scope and budget.
- Attend programme meetings with management team and partners in-country, liaise with internal and external senior management.
- Report on the progress of planned activities and assist with the identification of potential risks and issues.
- Resolve and manage risks, implementation obstacles and partner relationship issues as they arise.
- Work with the Lead Project Manager to identify areas for improvement in relation to in-country roll-out in order to meet or exceed programme goals.
- Identify opportunities for commercial growth in East Africa and assist in the development of a wider commercial strategy and business plan for the region.
- Identify prospects and develop good relationships with potential clients as part of that wider commercial strategy.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Project management certification would be an added advantage.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of the coffee sector in East Africa.
- Must have over 5 years working experience as a project/account manager.
- Must have more than 3 years’ experience working in the coffee sector.
- Agronomic qualifications would be a distinct advantage.
- Must be flexible to travel.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Self-driven, focused and goal oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;