Our client, the fastest growing pharmacy and health hub in East Africa is seeking to recruit for a FMCG Purchasing Specialist to be based in Rwanda. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating workflow and services related to drug and equipment/supplies procurement processes. He or she MUST have previous experience and knowledge of purchasing, inventory, distribution, and record keeping for medications for the Pharmacy.
- Locate, evaluate, and select cost-effective supply sources for OTC, prescription and specialty medicines and products.
- Update and maintain ordering and inventory control system, including purchasing and inventory records.
- Set reorder points to maximize inventory turns while maintaining adequate supply and stock level.
- Process invoices for payment in a timely manner including approval, reconcile product received against items billed, and match packing slips to invoices.
- Process disposal and/or disposition of outdated, overstocked, or damaged merchandise, and obtain proper credits or exchanges.
- Maintain supply chain integrity by managing, receiving, and storing ordered products, as well as preparing usage reports to track purchasing patterns and trends.
- Assist pharmacist, COO, and others in analysis of drug purchases and monitoring formulary compliance.
- Oversee pharmacy drug inventories, including fiscal and controlled substance inventories.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in purchasing.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be a strong team player with ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Must have a strong work ethic and always be professional and enthusiastic.
- Ability to assimilate complex data from a variety of sources.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all with the ability to influence and build strong relationships both internally & externally.
- Excellent systems skills & a good understanding of excel.
- Should be prepared to work irregular or long hours at certain times of the year.
Please click on the tab below to apply: