Our client, a global exporter of horticultural products with a local vegetable farm is currently looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Technical Manager. The candidate will be responsible for establishing key packhouse work-stream to ensure that all products comply with the relevant standards and regulations. The ideal candidate must have 5 years of experience in the relevant field with vast knowledge in farm audit processes.
• Deliver key packhouse work-streams to ensure quality.
• End to end assurance and customer focused decision making.
• Guardian of our brand through the delivery of technical policies, KPIs and specifications.
• Ensure product integrity, safety & quality.
• Deliver safe, legal, ethical and successful products that meet Quality Standards.
• Ensure daily product tasting panels to drive and monitor the right quality consistently well.
• Ensure that all products comply with the relevant standards and legislation.
• Implement and control legal labelling and checking protocols.
• Keep abreast of competitor activity, industry and retail sector/technical issues.
• Design and optimise quality and technical systems.
• Support, coach and mentor site technical & quality team.
• Conducting and reporting on food safety, quality and legality audits.
• Knowledge of ethical issues would be a great asset.
• Lead the preparation of plans and budgets to improve site standards and performance.
• Develop and deliver the Technical business plan continuously improving standards.
• Manufacturing Supplier performance against a risk-based framework; technical audits and assessments all high-risk suppliers annually.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or related field.
• 5 years of experience in a Quality Assurance and Technical Manager.
• Must have retailer auditing knowledge.
• Keen eye for detail & thrives under pressure.
• Lead by example, confident, assertive with willingness to listen.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;