Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a fast-growing e-commerce delivery company is seeking to hire a Recruitment Specialist and HR assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The preferred candidate for this role is a recruiter with experience in recruitment agencies and a bit of general HR experience.
He/She will oversee Participate in recruitment and selection and onboarding new employees. The successful candidate will also participate in the formulation, implementation, and training of HR policies, processes, and procedures. The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in human resources management, a minimum 3+ years of work experience as a recruiter in a recruitment agency and 1 year as a general HR for a start-up.
- Participate in recruitment and selection activities including drafting and advertising job descriptions, screening applications, interviewing candidates.
- Onboarding new employees including pre-onboarding paperwork, workstation allocation, HRIS onboarding and training, and health insurance enrollment.
- Maintain and update an efficient HR database, monitor employee lifecycle, and prepare reports for turnover rates, absenteeism rates, and labor costs.
- Monthly payroll preparation and filing for statutory deductions.
- Participate in employee training and development, organizing and managing external training programs and maintaining training records.
- Participate in the formulation, implementation, and training of HR policies, processes, and procedures.
- As the first point of contact for any HR-related queries, effectively communicate with team members on an ongoing basis.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in human resources management.
- Must have a minimum 3+ years of work experience as a recruiter in a recruitment agency and 1 year as a general HR for a start-up.
- Must have knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems, Payroll Software, and Applicants Tracking Systems.
- Good understanding of employment laws, human resources best practices, and legal guidelines.
- Should have Solid work ethics, integrity, and ability to maintain employee confidentiality.
- A people person with excellent interpersonal skills and a welcoming personality.
- The preferred candidate for this role is a recruiter with experience in recruitment agencies with a bit of general HR experience.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***