Our client, a well-established Multi-donor Organization, committed to mobilising private sector investment in Infrastructure in countries whereby investors are scarce. They are looking to strengthen their HSES Team through the recruitment of an HSES Analyst to be based in Nairobi and offer support across Africa. The successful candidate Must have an excellent background in IFS, Oil & Gas or Infrastructure Development.
Key Responsibilities: –
• Review and appraisal of new investment by the Group.
• Responsible for identification HSES risks & issues in the project cycle.
• Develop a recommendation for the Group action & draft important project HSES processing documentation.
• Define steps required to assist the Group to improve performance & meet requirements.
• Develop, drive and sustain a culture across the Group that stimulates high levels of HSES performance & continuous improvement.
• Lead HSES compliance audit and where required attend & support accident investigations.
• Assist the Group staff with business development related opportunity in HSES & risk management.
• Work with the Group companies and department to mobilise technical & financial support for clients to address HSEs aspects.
• Provide training on HSES issues to the Group companies and third-party investment staff.
• Control, analyse & trend HSES statistics, reporting & review systems for the Director.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering.
• A post graduate in HSES science or relevant discipline will highly be appreciated.
• Training and experience in environmental & social aspects of communications, water, sewage, power, transport, infrastructure and natural resource.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Significant background in Data Analysis, Risk Management & Assessment.
• Ability to travel frequently across Africa.
• Practical experience in addressing a range of social, environmental, occupational health and safety, and social management issues.
• Operational experience in developing countries in Africa is mandatory.
• Strategic thinker with an ability to visualise the big picture.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;