Our client, a leading agricultural services company with a Sub Saharan reach based near Nairobi, is looking to fill the position of a Regional Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing sales across Sub–Saharan Africa, to develop and manage sales teams and agencies across the region. The ideal candidate MUST have prior experience in the agro-input sales sector and have a strong agribusiness and market systems background.
- To grow distribution channels to increase sales volume for the business.
- Establishing and managing a network of service agencies/partners across the Sub Sahara to increase market within the region.
- Advice and influence the agencies across the region to achieve desired objectives.
- Manage a team of Area Sales Managers to ensure the proper level of activity in all strategic areas.
- Maintenance and growth of key accounts.
- Establishing contact and developing relationships with direct prospects.
- Identify new avenues and prospects for the sale of company services and deliver corporate presentations at key events.
- Preparing sales forecasts and reports, documenting quarterly and annual goals and reporting against, monitor/track performance to sales forecasts and documenting all activities in CRM.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and remain up to date on industry trends and issues.
- Prepare and make a report on market analysis, competitor analysis and market trends.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree an agribusiness related field, preferably with an MBA.
- Must have over 10 years of Sales experience with 4 years spent in Senior Management.
- Must have Strong Leadership skills and be highly driven to achieve team objectives.
- Good grasp of Business /Demand Planning with knowledge of the execution of commodity contracts.
- Must have Sound knowledge of international trade of bulk commodities.
- Sound knowledge of sales, customer services.
- Must demonstrate the ability to carry out Market Analysis and assessment of the impacts of macro-economic factors on the business.
- Project Management Skills – to drive Market Development programs.
- High level of integrity.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Please click on the tab below to apply: