Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, an international travel agency is looking to recruit a Reservation Agent to be based in Nairobi. He/She will be responsible for facilitating the travel needs of our clients across the globe. They will need to ensure that the most cost-effective and convenient options are offered to clients by listening and understanding their requirements. The scope of work will cover not only flights but also a range of other travel products such as hotels, car hire, rail, etc. The successful candidate will be required to always maintain the highest level of customer service, be flexible in their approach to learning, and suggest new innovative methods.
- Provide a professional consultancy service for clients, anticipating their needs and offering a range of value-added solutions to exceed expectations
- Look after customers’ travel needs from first enquiry to travel completed, by phone or email
- Book a range of travel products and offer professional advice, inclusive of specialist fares
- Adapt to different priorities and client needs
- Use a Consultative Sales approach
- Regularly check and action airline queue messages and monitor existing bookings on hold
- Achieve and maintain targets by working efficiently
- Exhibit positive behavior and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Act as a team player to ensure the overall success of the team and overall Operations function
- Make new members of the team feel welcome, sharing knowledge as appropriate
- Actively contribute to achieve the SLA targets and team incentives
- Attend weekly team updates and participate and share feedback in team meetings
- Participate in team activities, providing support to team members as required
- Assist clients who may be calling for another team member who is busy
- Proactively manage personal productivity, profitability, and quality assurance targets to meet or exceed requirements
- Ensure all necessary actions are taken to reach and maintain SLA targets
- Maintain the company standards for monthly booking checks and ticket book entries
- Continually keep fully abreast of airline contracts, routings, and services
- Attend offered training to ensure all knowledge of airlines, fares, services, products, and benefits remains fully up to date.
- Must have a bachelors in travel, tour, hospitality or any other relevant degree
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, preferably in English
- Should be experienced in native GDS
- Should be passion for and experience in business travel
- Ability to deal with clients effectively over the phone, emails and other channels such as webchats and social media
- Communicate effectively with other teams and departments to support a collaborative environment
- Exhibit and encourage a clear, simple communication style and act as an ambassador for the company’s values and competency framework
- Excellent fares knowledge including post ticketing changes and cancellations
- Excellent knowledge of the travel industry
- Experience working across cultures and with remote teams.
Please click on the tab below to apply: