Our client, a prominent Real Estate Agency, is seeking a highly motivated and hands-on Residential Agency Manager for its offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Sales and Letting of Residential properties. The role requires superb skills of negotiation and professionalism, business development with a keen awareness of competition and sound knowledge of real estate marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have a sound knowledge of residential property markets and legislation thereof.
- Maintain a high profile and be alert to business opportunities.
- Source new leads and ensure all client enquiries are responded to quickly.
- Manage the clients and consultation process.
- Recruitment of Residential Agency staff and identify training needs.
- Management of staff performance and conduct appraisals for the Residential Agency team.
- Prepare and review the Residential Agency budget.
- Ensure clients are billed and that they pay on time.
- Create and follow the business plan.
- Abide by the principle of Continuing Professional Development as required by the RICS.
- Manage the by weekly meetings.
- Oversee advertising and PR plans and activities for the residential agency department.
- Develop pitching material and write articles and liaise with the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Liaise with Heads of other departments and get to know their markets both for the purpose of obtaining information in support of valuations of residential properties and also to keep an eye on cross-selling of the business.
- Supervise the efficient administration of all procedures in carrying out of office business.
- Responsible for utilizing relevant systems and IT platforms.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- Ten or more years’ relevant experience with at least three years in a management position.
- A valid Kenyan Driver’s License.
- Registration as an Estate Agent.
- Thorough knowledge of the market conditions, including the ability to assess the rental value of a property for open market value purposes.
- Good management and leadership skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Multitasker, proactive, driven and able to demonstrate the ability to bring about positive change and results.
- Open-minded to new ideas and a flexible approach to problem-solving.
- The ability to handle conflicts and differences of opinion diplomatically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends, as necessitated by the demands of the job.
- Word processing and spreadsheet applications, MS Office and similar software.
Please click on the tab below to apply: