Our client, a Safari company based in Karen, is looking for an experienced Safari Consultant. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall sale of the safaris by providing up to date and informative advice. This includes day to day correspondence with Agents and Direct Clients to determine requirements and assist through up to date knowledge of the destinations and ensuring that all relevant services are confirmed according to the booking requirements. Experience with Uganda, Rwanda and South Africa an added advantage.
- Downloading emails and answering enquiries within 24 hours.
- Building relationships through regular correspondence, updates and other methods.
- Constant dialogue with agents to assess their needs and improve the level of service provided to them.
- Developing suitable safari itineraries through correspondence, including providing advice on what would best suit the client.
- Preparing an accurate quotation based on up to date rates for all requirements of the safari itinerary.
- Co-ordinating safari services booked for clients, including confirmation and scheduling of these services.
- Issuing and processing of booking vouchers for required safari services.
- Preparing and updating a Service Confirmation Voucher with all detailed information
- Distributing relevant pre-trip information and ensuring that all documentation is provided.
- Obtaining post trip feedback from clients.
- Handover of the file to the Operations department.
- Where necessary, acting as contact person for clients/agents throughout their safari and following up on any requirements or emergencies.
- Preparing invoice requisitions for clients/agents for the safari services and following up to send the invoice and assist Accounts to ensure that payments are received in the time frame given.
- Requesting, checking & approving all invoices for all safari files.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the industry and handling high end tours.
- Excellent Communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Excellent knowledge of the high-end East Africa Touring.
- Experience with Uganda, Rwanda and South Africa an added advantage.
Please click on the tab below to apply;