Our client, a leading chemical distributor providing business-to-business solutions for users of industrial and speciality chemicals is looking for a Technical Sales Executive, specializing in Food ingredients. They will be responsible for driving the sales, technical development and growth of the food ingredient division portfolio. The ideal candidate MUST have (2 – 4 years) prior food ingredient expertise as well as field sales experience in chemicals.
• Create enduring customer relationships through regular face to face contact with food manufacturing customers
• Demonstrate a detailed technical understanding of company products and their application
• Create and drive profitable growth opportunities and achieve budgeted sales
• Maintain personal product and application expertise through regular training and seminars
• Cooperate with finance department to assure payments from customers are done within payment terms
• Monitor competitor activity and recommend strategies for increasing market share
• Support new product launches working together with suppliers’ technical team
• Sample management and drive follow-up processes
• Continuously monitor market share by technology mapping and checking competition
• MUST have 2 – 4 years’ experience in field sales of chemicals in food industry.
• Relevant tertiary education either in biochemistry, microbiology, food science or food technology.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
• Technical Sales and BDM experience is required.
• A background in food ingredients (e.g. emulsifiers, enzymes, stabilizers, cultures, proteins)
• Valid driving license.
• The ability to travel locally and within the East Africa region when/as necessary.
• Articulate and presentable.
• Professional selling & negotiating skills. Entrepreneurial spirit.
• Excellent Key account management and client management skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;