Our client a group of schools is looking for a School Principal. The successful candidate will be responsible for the quality of academic delivery and management of the school in their charge, ensuring compliance with the requisite policies, procedures and legislative requirements as well as alignment with the brand values. Must have experience in the Cambridge environment.
- Oversees the efficient operation of the school by controlling and monitoring financial expenditure and reducing waste as well as achieving agreed financial targets.
- Provides input to the Academic Director regarding the budget for the school, signs off on expenditure for their school.
- Implements agreed on plans ensuring that staff understand these and are fully committed to achieving them.
- Providing a learning environment for students and teachers which is conducive to academic excellence.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and advises the Academic Director accordingly.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators/ Targets (Student Retention, Exits, Rollovers etc) for the school and reports back to Academic Director, regularly.
- Ensures compliance with the requisite policies, procedures and legislation, at the school.
- Takes corrective action in the event of any breaches by either staff or students.
- Implements the academic policies and procedures for all academic and support staff in the school.
- Communicates new policies to school staff & monitors their application.
- Oversees curriculum development across all subjects and grades in the school to ensure alignment with all relevant requirements.
- Ensures the timetabling process occurs timeously and is implemented efficiently with the optimal utilization of resources, in the school.
- Ensures curriculums are adhered to and students receive tuition in keeping with agreed standards and the Brand promise.
- Oversees the Reporting process to students/parents/governing bodies ensuring standards are met and returns submitted timeously.
- Builds relationships with parents to position the school favourably. Meets with parents/ parent bodies, as necessary, to resolve individual/group complaints/issues.
- Engages in word-of-mouth marketing for the school.
- Monitor student experience at the school, meeting with students/ teachers, student bodies, as required.
- Ensures that academic staff responsibilities are clarified, performance objectives are set and that staff are adequately trained.
- Ensures understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor of Education degree (Primary option) or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- PI Certificate from a recognized Teacher’s Training Institution.
- Experience in Cambridge environment.
- At least 12 years’ work experience, 8 years teaching.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education / Management Policy would be an added advantage.
Please click on the tab below to apply: