A progressive, dynamic and fast-paced International school based in Tatu City is looking to recruit a School Psychologist to join the school in the upcoming academic year. The school has proven excellence, particularly on the academic & leadership front, with a British Curriculum – IGCSE system set-up. The ideal candidate must be passionate & experienced working with children & young adults and willing to work in a non-traditional environment. He/she MUST be a registered Psychologist in Kenya with proven experience working in a multicultural environment & a change agent.
- Using psychological tests, theories & procedures to support the wellbeing and learning of young people & children.
- Help young people & children with learning difficulties to achieve their full potential.
- Recommend, develop & administer appropriate therapies and strategies.
- Working with young people, their families and school staff, including teachers & learning support assistants.
- Carrying out psychological assessments to uncover a child’s problem.
- Write reports.
- Conduct research.
- Provide training.
- Advising & making recommendations on educational policies.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the same or similar type of position and environment.
- Must be registered with the Psychology & counselling board.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in psychology from a recognised university.
- Candidates with international experience will have a distinct advantage.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be licensed in Kenya and conversant with African family dynamics.
- Should be energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Should be Computer Literate.
- Should have knowledge of relevant Health and Safety Acts.
- Empathy & a natural ability to build rapport.
- Excellent observation skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply: