Our client a credit-only Micro-Finance Company licensed in Kenya under the Company’s Act is looking for IT Security Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy. Must have a professional information security certification.
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy.
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems & identifying areas for improvement.
- Liaising with the Security partner to ensure timely security audits & risk assessments.
- Work as L2 support on the email security Solution.
- Ensuring user awareness sessions are done quarterly for all businesses.
- Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities.
- Implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced, or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered.
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organization.
- Devising strategies and propose IT solutions to minimize the risk of cyber-attacks.
- Reviewing, analyzing and delivering data information.
- Communicating digital programs and strategies to a range of stakeholders.
- Ensuring server scans are done and implement proposed changes.
- BSc. in Computer Science or any other related field.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience.
- Professional information security certification.
- Must have experience in an information security role.
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking & new security technologies.
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver.
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to.
- Strong customer focus and able to meet the demands of internal and external customers.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.
- Can make decisions that are well informed and timely.
- Creative thinking, able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve.
Please click on the tab below to apply: