Our client, a dynamic Logistic Company is seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to be based in their Mombasa office. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining the process of data gathering and streamlining this process, analyzing and summarizing results in a written report. The ideal candidate must have solid experience working with an ERP(s) system.
- Managing the financial system including monitoring system performance, availability, integrity and issues resolution to ensure system and reporting outcomes meet business needs and data integrity and security.
- Managing the systems month-end, year-end and budgeting process and contribute to the development of the forecasting and reporting timetable.
- Facilitating the generation of routine reports, designing automated systems of accounting and reporting.
- Maintaining databases which are associated with analyzing data.
- Reviewing and maintaining all financial systems policies and procedures, including developing and maintaining user guides and operational documentation to ensure correct and accurate use of the system.
- Reviewing and implementing internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide quality assurance over financial data
- Reviewing of system governance such as creation and maintenance of any segment of Chart of Account, Delegation of Authority matrix
- Providing technical system training, support and guidance to members of the finance team in the use of financial systems and procedures
- Resolve issues in the house and/or in conjunction with external vendors to ensure user/system issues are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Providing support and assistance to the finance team to resolve complex accounting data reconciliation issues
- Investigating, troubleshooting and fixing finance-related system issues, including inefficiencies in the system
- Analyzing the current financial system to determine what needs to be reconfigured, changed or re-engineered in order to streamline and develop best business practices in the company
- Working with business intelligence software
- Collaborating with IT and other staff to meet business requirements
- Managing system upgrades with the IT department
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of interfaces to/from other systems to ensure effective integration
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA Finalist.
- Must have solid experience working with ERP (s) systems.
- Must have over 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Working experience in project environments.
- In-depth accounting knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and influence senior stakeholders.
- Effective teamwork.
- Organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Solutions focused on a can-do attitude.
Please click on the tab below to apply: