Our client, a top steel production company in East Africa is looking to recruit a Senior procurement Officer to be based in Mazeras, Mombasa. The Ideal candidate will be responsible for securing supplies, materials and services. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 6 years in a similar role and Have experience in the Construction Sector.
- Review and Process purchase orders and requisition submitted by the concerned departments for listed items and highlight exceptions, which includes checking the required specification and suggested supplier if any, to ensure accurate orders and delivery.
- Ensure procurement processes are compliant with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Follow up with suppliers if delivery time, delivery amount or any other discrepancy is in question.
- Develop and maintain a master file to identify suppliers based on the requirements to expedite procurement process and to fulfill the needs with minimum time.
- Create, establish and manage the sourcing process aligned with the company’s sourcing policy and procedures and monitor adherence.
- Onboard new suppliers using supplier evaluation/creation process.
- Review supply contracts to evaluate overall revisions, price and past performance of each contract prior to bid or renewal.
- Develop and implement SOP in procurement Department and induct and train new employees to the procedures of the department.
- To assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move or store materials.
- Ensure smooth issue of material to the request department.
- Conduct accurate and thorough monthly physical counting of stocks during stock take and speedy variance explanation.
- Other projects and responsibilities as added at the company’s discretion.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Must have experience in the Construction sector
- At least 6 years in a similar role.
- Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
- Should have professional qualification in Supply Chain Management, preferably CSCP/MCIPS.
- Should be able to work independently or in a team.
- Proven ability to multitask and deal with diverse responsibilities.
- Display excellent leadership skills and be a team player.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply: