Our client a credit only Micro-Finance Company licensed in Kenya under the Company’s Act is looking for a Senior Risk and Compliance Officer. The ideal candidate must have at least 4 years’ experience in Enterprise Risk and Compliance Department in a financial institution.
- Development & periodic reviews of group risk management policies.
- Periodic review of all risk assessment tools including risk registers & key risk indicators for effective identification of existing and emerging risks.
- Ensure effective management of business continuity management (BCM) program to ensure entities maintain essential functions during, as well as after the occurrence of an event that would disrupt its operations.
- Conduct and review risk assessments for new products, services, significant amendments to existing products and services and the introduction of new lines of business
- Ensure risk management activities for all entities are progressing as per the approved calendar of activities.
- Entrench and reinforce an organization-wide risk culture through sensitization and training
- Assist in roll out of ESMS to the rest of the Subsidiaries Independently monitor subsidiary risk profile and the Group’s aggregate risk profile to ensure they remain consistent with the board-approved risk appetite.
- Act in a timely manner to ensure effective management, and where necessary mitigation, of material risk exposures, which are close to or exceed the approved risk appetite and/or risk limits.
- Escalating promptly to the group’s and subsidiary management and board and any material risk limit breach that places the Group
- at risk of exceeding its risk appetite.
- Prepare management reports to be discussed at the Risk Management and Compliance Committee on a monthly basis.
- Prepare management reports to subsidiaries and Group on risk exposures on an ongoing basis to inform decisions and actions.
- Prepare quarterly board report on all risks to ensure they are well-informed on matters of risk management.
- Must have a bachelors’ degree in Accountancy, Finance/Business Administration from a recognized institution.
- Must be a CPAK or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), (CISA) or Risk Management.
- Must have experience in the financial institution.
- Membership with a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Enterprise Risk and Compliance Department.
Please click on the tab below to apply: