Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a luxury and bespoke Safari company, is looking for an experienced Safari Planner for its offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate’s main responsibility will be to service existing accounts and establish new accounts, by ensuring that the quality and timing of response meets the company’s expectations, in order to help the company in achieving growth and hitting sales targets. In addition, he/she will providing complete and appropriate solutions to every customer in order to boost top-line.
- Prepare detailed, articulate and comprehensive itineraries and quotations
- Manage the full booking process, from commencement to confirmation
- Handling all communication with the agents/guests assigned to you from commencement to completion.
- Checking availability for both accommodation and activity and holding space.
- Invoicing confirmed safaris and following up payments
- Raising vouchers for the confirmed itinerary
- Maintaining and keeping proper records of all correspondence
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Collaborate with colleagues and peers on the sales, marketing and product development teams to improve overall customer experience and satisfaction
- Increase overall sales efficiency and profitability through excellent sales strategies.
- Engage in the role of mentor to support staff in the team to realise their potential
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality/Tourism Management or equivalent
- 7+ years work experience as a Tour Consultant/Safari Planner
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to prioritize effectively, manage time and organise workflow
- Potential to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Ability to adapt to constant change
- Strong relationship management skills
- Desire to improve and reflect on feedback provided by managers through the application of KPIs
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***