Our client, a leading NGO in Africa is seeking to recruit the best talent in the region for the position of Site Inspector. The ideal candidate must have a Diploma in Building and Construction management or a Diploma in Civil Engineering. Candidates with experience in a complex construction project is mandatory.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervisionis maintained for each contract.
- Act on behalf of the project manager by undertaking audits of the work carried out by the contractor/ consultants on site.
- Ensure that current knowledge of building services legislation, standards, methods of installation etc is up to date.
- Give feedback to the Project manager on standards of quality, finish and compliance with the specification.
- Identify technical problems on site and in consultation with Project manager recommend corrective action.
- Keep records including taking construction photographs, recording health and safety concerns etc.
- Monitor the performance of contractors and consultants on site to ensure engineering installations are right.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Building and Construction management.
- At least 3 years relevant experience working on a complex construction project.
- Working knowledge of CAD software.
- Ability to read and interpret Architectural and engineering drawings and other construction materials.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of construction management, building components and systems.
- High degree of personal integrity.
Please click on the tab below to apply;