Our client, an International company being part of a Renewable Energy project in the county of Kaijado, is looking for a positive and driven Social Engagement Coordinator to be based on site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of social issues and advising the ESG Manager on interventions, plans and strategies that affect the Community and Landowners. This position will act as the lead community liaison and shall also assist with HSE Oversight.
• Act as liaison between the community, landowners and local stakeholders and the project
• Identify emerging social issues related to Land leases, easements and all land related agreements
• Conduct social/community reviews of project and preparing periodic reports on status of social/community issues
• Assist with the implementation and updating of the Stakeholder Engagement Plan and the community grievance mechanism
• Oversee CSR projects implementation and reporting on progress
• Assist with management of the expectations and commitments between community groups, local authorities and project organizations through Community Liaison Officers
• Assist in conflict management between communities and project
• Monitoring the process of employment of local workers by the project to ensure the process is independent and unbiased
• Assist in the successful implementation of the resettlement process
• Ensure the safety of community members through awareness training and proper work area demarcation, amongst others
• Assist in ensuring the correct reporting of Health Safety and Environmental statistics and timeous reporting and investigation of any incidents
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Sociology, Anthropology, Social work, Community Development
• Over 5 years of industrial construction and operations HSE and/or community liaison experience
• Knowledge of construction industry practices, relevant HSE legislation, international Standards (particularly IFC Standards and Guidelines), regulatory agency requirements and general industry standards.
•nWorked within the industrial construction industry, with a preference for relevant power industry experience
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Computer Skills – Must have experience with Microsoft Office Programs
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format
• Good negotiating skills.
• Ability to make good judgments and render good decisions
Please click on the tab below to apply;