Our client, a safari company with offices in Nairobi and operating in Kenya and Tanzania, is looking for a dynamic and hands-on Operations Manager for its offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be in charge of the overall day to day running of all safaris in Kenya & Tanzania to ensure that they are well planned, operate efficiently and Company standards are maintained at all times.
- Overseeing the Operations of all safaris.
- Identifying and vetting relevant suppliers.
- Maintaining up to date booking charts of all safaris confirmed by Sales Department.
- Overseeing all Private Guides, Safari Guides, Transfer Drivers & Vehicles.
- Assist in communication & co-ordination with agents and management should clients require assistance during their trip at any time of day or night
- Responsible for the Company’s mobile camping equipment and stores.
- Approving menus and orders.
- Scheduling supplies and deliveries as required.
- Ensuring camps are set up in timely manner for safaris.
- Development & management of proper maintenance schedule.
- Overseeing and approving requisitions of cash required for safaris & mobile operations.
- Approving all operations and mobile camps imprest returns.
- Development of an operational budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Camp Operations Management.
- Strong leadership and planning skills.
- Very strong Logistic experience/skills.
- Strong organization and Time Management skills and show great attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and energetic hands on individual with outstanding communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships.
Please click on the tab below to apply;