Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a fast-growing boutique hotel is looking to recruit a Sous Chef. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all kitchen tasks are performed on time, meeting the quality standards as well as ensuring all food safety requirements in the kitchen. The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience as a chef in a high-end restaurant setting, have a food handling certificate and have experience in preparing local and international cuisines.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare and cook food using various kitchen appliances.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Monitor stock, place orders when there are shortages and check quality of ingredients.
- Maintain a clean & orderly cooking station/ kitchen as well as adhere to health & safety standards.
- Diploma in hospitality or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must have experience preparing international cuisines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and nutrition.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.