Our client, a Luxury Safari Company based in Nairobi, is looking to recruit a Storekeeper & Procurement Officer. The ideal candidate MUST have experience in a similar position in the Hospitality industry. She/he will be in charge of the stores for the Luxury Mobile Camp unit. The successful candidate must also be willing to travel occasionally to the camping sites.
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management.
- Must have at least 2-5 years of experience in similar role and in the safari industry.
- Must have excellent organizational, planning/logistics and administrative skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills-including MS Office, Fidelio or Material Control/Opera system.
- Ability to work flexible hours and to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills.
- Have excellent leadership qualities.
- Experience working in a luxury Mobile Camp is an added advantage.
- Accounting experience in stock management/control would be an added advantage.
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Prepare annual budget; schedule expenditure, analyse variances & initiate corrective actions.
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by negotiating prices ad favourable credit terms, approving contracts & maintaining inventories.
- Maintaining proper inventory record of stock movements (consumables & Mobile Equipment) by conducting regular stocktake & reconciliation.
- Receiving goods & performing quality checks to ensure only stocks/assets that meet the specifications & legal requirements.
- Handling supply logistics and ensuring stocks/assets arrive on time.
- Maintain good communication with the camp daily regarding specials, shortages and special dietary requirements.
- Maintain the Asset Register for all Mobile Camp equipment.
- Ensure the correct storage of Assets & Consumables and accountability and control of consumables to be used in Mobile Camps.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in storage areas.
- Custodian of store documentation, filing and submission of monthly returns to Management.
- Bring to the Management’s attention any suspicious usage or consumption.
- To be fully aware of the Fire & Safety and Health & Safety Regulations.
Please click on the tab below to apply: