A Sculpture Studio, with a studio in Nairobi and New York, is looking for a Studio & Property Manager for its office in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage the studio, as well as projects, end to end; including crating/packing of artworks & materials, execution of shipments of materials & artworks out of and into Nairobi as well as document management. Other duties will include artworks storage materials purchasing and maintenance for the studio & property. He/she will also maintain the daily Calendar of the artist and coordinate and organize travel, in collaboration with the New York Studio Manager. The successful candidate MUST be a multitasker, a good problem solver with very strong organizational skills. An interest in, or at least an understanding of, visual arts, is an added advantage.
- Ensure that list of priorities is shared and agreed upon with the Nairobi team, local vendors and fabricators, and New York Studio.
- Develop and manage, in collaboration with the MD/Artist a list of priorities for the studio.
- Manage Nairobi Studio expenses.
- Oversee the management of the inventory of works in Nairobi Studio.
- Manage storage of artworks, finished or in‐progress, in Nairobi Studio stores storage.
- Maintain and share costs of materials & production of artworks with New York Studio.
- Maintain a daily calendar and arrange studio visits, reservations, arrangements for site visits.
- Coordinate, prepare and organize travel, in collaboration with the New York studio manager.
- Manage end to end maintenance and improvement projects for the property.
- Regularly monitor the functioning of key utilities: water, electricity, recycling, solar panels etc.
- Ensure tourism permits are renewed yearly.
- Support in managing house staff.
- College education.
- Previous experience in project management, scheduling, personal assistance; ideally, experience in a creative field and/or in property management.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Comfortable managing and supervising people, both internal and external.
- Cultural awareness – the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders abroad.
- Excellent people skills and comfortable working in a family environment.
- Detail-oriented and a good problem solver.
- Comfort working with MS Word and Excel.
- Ideally a drivers’ license and own transport.
Please click on the tab below to apply: