Our client, a well-established Defense & Security Firm based Nairobi, Kenya with operations in Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi & Democratic Republic of Congo is looking to recruit a Talent Officer. The successful will be responsible to recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work. He/she Must be a member of IHRM and exposed to working in a unionized environment.
• Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
• Provide counselling on policies and procedures
• Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
• Support in Creating & implementing effective onboarding plans.
• Support in developing training and development programs.
• Assist in performance management processes.
• Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
• Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements.
• Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in business.
• Must be a member of IHRM.
• Proven experience working as a talent officer in a high paced environment.
• Excellent background in unionized staff.
• Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
• Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
• Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
• Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
• Strong ethics and reliability.
Please click on the tab below to apply;