Our client, a well-established global FMCG company is looking to recruit a Technical Buyer to be based in the outskirts of Nairobi. The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years post-graduate working experience. He/she must have previous experience with end to end procurement process and have an engineering background.
- Manage the buying process for a set of goods in line with specified cost, quality & delivery targets.
- Ensure the continuous supply of required goods & materials & communicate any supply problems.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Negotiate all terms & conditions for purchases in line with project & procurement strategy.
- Continually monitor suppliers to ensure costs, quality and delivery times are met.
- The ability to present commercial information, which enables sourcing decisions to be made.
- Play a role in achieving departmental KPI’s such as cost reduction, purchasing & stock.
- Track record in purchasing and cost reductions.
- Experience in working with the bill of materials.
- Commercial acumen with the ability to build relationships with suppliers.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Must have an excellent track record in end to end procurement process.
- Must have at least 2 years of post-graduate working experience.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply: