Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a leading manufacturer and exporter of heavy construction equipment is seeking to hire a Technical Sales Engineer (construction equipment). The successful candidate will oversee following up on all customer seeking to buy construction equipment their needs, orders, quotations, delivery and servicing issues. The ideal candidate Must have a degree in engineering, minimum 5 years’ experience in technical sales and strong knowledge of production agriculture in the geography in which ones is placed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand the company product portfolio range with respect to the Construction, Lifting and concrete market and technically position products versus the competition.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Maintain optimal stock levels of equipment and spare parts.
- Obtain and evaluate external information of possible new markets, products and come up with strategies on how to enter the market and ensure our products are visible in the market.
- Linking clients with financial institutions and assisting them in getting financing.
- Proactively participating in prospecting, specification preparation, tendering, negotiating, contracting and delivery.
- Ensure timely invoicing, delivery and payment of equipment.
- Follow up on all customer needs, orders, quotations, including delivery and quality issues, with sales, customer service, logistics & Service Team.
- Must have a degree in Engineering.
- Must have 5 years’ experience as a technical sales engineer selling and servicing construction equipment.
- Must have strong knowledge of production agriculture in the geography in which ones is placed.
- Must have excellent negotiation, organizational and presentation skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***