Our client, a group of companies based in Nairobi that are in different sectors i.e Engineering, Construction, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Security and Medical Equipment’s are seeking to recruit a Technical Sales Manager who will be responsible business development activities related to sales and marketing via researching and developing marketing opportunities and implementation of sales and marketing plans and strategies. The successful candidate is responsible for overseeing and tracking the lease and rental assets in the company’s portfolio. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have over 3 years’ experience in the automotive industry selling Forklifts and Material handling equipment.
- Participate in creating additional volume by creating sales in field locations by providing solutions to customer initiatives
- Building long term business relationships with key group and producers in their geography.
- Obtain and evaluate external information of possible new markets and applications, pricing, and weigh the benefits which can be offered to a customer.
- Understand company product portfolio range with respect to Forklift, Material Handling, Racking and Warehousing market
- Technically position company’s products versus the competition.
- Attend exhibitions, company-sponsored customer training and promotions to grow volume and customer satisfaction.
- Understand the global interfacing of the company brand, Equipment and Solutions
- Follow up on all customer validations, needs, orders, quotations, including delivery and quality issues, with sales, customer service, logistics & Service Team.
- Provide intel/feedback to the manufacturer or technical department of existing and potential customer requirements for new or existing products.
- Implementation and integration of new business/new products where applicable to our Core Sales organizations.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronics).
- Knowledge in MS Office Suite / Computer Proficiency.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in automotive selling Forklifts and Material Handling Equipment.
- Ability to work with and within a team, with ability and openness to learn as well as teach.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Good in customer service relations.
- Must have strong interpersonal, leadership and management skills.
- Be Analytical and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
Please click on the tab below to apply: