A global haulage company specializing in truckload transportation in the Transport and Logistics sector is looking to hire a Trailer Service Manager to oversee the activities of a team of auto-technicians by allocating the workload, tools, floor space and perform preventative maintenance and general repairs according to the company standards. The ideal candidate must have more than 5 years of experience within the same field, clear understanding of the automotive systems, knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs. Basic bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and Team leadership experience is needed. The candidate must have worked with a fleet operator before.
• Lead team members to demonstrate safe, efficient practises and time management.
• Induct, coach and train mechanics to perform tasks and suggest ways to improve.
• Create a daily plan of action to organise tasks to complete jobs effectively.
• Ensure the trailer equipment are in proper and safe working condition.
• Using SAP software, accurately plan daily mechanic hours ensuring efficiency.
• Handle the administrative duties of position, including completion of required documents.
• With SAP maintains service logs on all equipment/vehicles and small tools.
• Generate all report using SAP.
• Lubricating, torque and clean trailer parts in accordance to BPW schedule.
• Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on trailing equipment in compliance with the manufacturers’ and company schedules.
• Maintain proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance the flow of work.
• Allocate the workload to assigned team.
• Undertake additional related responsibilities as required.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering.
• Must have over 7 years’ experience in the automotive field, dealing with a fleet of Trailers.
• Must have experience in the use of SAP.
• Must have knowledge of the Automotive systems (vehicle layout, function and location of parts).
• Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs is also needed.
• Technical competence with ability to train others is mandatory.
• Must have solid organizational ability with detail orientation.
• Ability to leading, supervise other staff with a team orientation.
• Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;