Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a Fast-growing boutique hotel in Nairobi, is looking to recruit a Waiter/Waitress. The successful candidate will be required to ensure guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service, taking orders, serving food & drinks, billing and removing dinnerware in a timely manner. The ideal candidate Must have at least 1 year of experience serving in a restaurant and have a certificate/Diploma in food and beverage and showcase the ability to craft and create innovative cocktails that add an extra layer of delight to the overall dining experience of the guests.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the menu and make recommendations.
- Develop a range of creative cocktails and demonstrate barista skills to enhance the overall dining experience for guests.
- Present bills accurately, process payments, and return change or receipts.
- Maintain personal hygiene, adhere to dress code, and follow safety protocols.
- Ensure the Crockery, cutlery and glassware are clean and polished before service.
- Taking accurate food and drink orders correctly and communicating the order details to the kitchen staff.
- Prepare and serve cocktails/Coffee with precision and creativity.
- Control breakages of operating equipment and participate in stock taking as required.
- Promote special dishes, beverages, or desserts to guests and upsell other products/services, including cocktails and beverages.
- Top of Form
- Must have a certificate/diploma in Food and Beverage.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in a high-end restaurant.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English & Swahili).
- Must have good knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices.
- Must be able to make cocktails/Coffee.
- He/she should be a good team player and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Be flexible and willing to work in shifts.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***