Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our clients a collection of three production, processing and marketing companies with a central warehouse in Nairobi, are seeking to hire a Warehouse and Distribution Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the proper receiving, storage, inventory, distribution, transportation and last mile delivery of food products for the three companies. The ideal candidate MUST have a minimum of 5 years experience in warehouse and distribution management within the food industry.
- Efficiently manage warehouse operations, including receiving, storage, inventory control, and order picking.
- Implement and maintain best practices including FIFO (First in First Out) to ensure the safe and organized storage of food products.
- Monitor inventory levels and coordinate with the procurement team to ensure optimal stock levels.
- Ensure compliance with food safety regulations and maintain a clean/ sanitary warehouse environment and conduct regular safety training for any other warehouse and distribution staff.
- Oversee the scheduling of deliveries and shipments to meet customer and retail partner demands.
- Optimize use of shared vehicle assets through effective route planning, to reduce costs and delivery times.
- Monitor the performance of delivery drivers and establish delivery standards.
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries and resolve any delivery-related issues promptly.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, including food safety, OSHA, and transportation laws.
- Maintain daily stock reports and share with the respective sales managers.
- Report any stock or logistics related issues in a timely manner.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on warehouse and distribution, including key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics.
- Relevant business-related Degree preferably in Food Science or related field.
- Must have a Minimum of 5 years experience in warehouse and distribution management within the food industry.
- Strong knowledge of food safety regulations and best practices.
- Competency in IT systems including MS Office, warehouse management software and reporting.
- A team player with good leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to identify operational bottlenecks and implement effective solutions.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***