• What made you join Summit Recruitment & Search?
I was hoping for an Internship position that would enable me to acquire on the job experience and a feel of the business marketplace. Summit Recruitment and Search advertised an Internship placement for a Social Media and IT Intern. Given my background of IT and business I thought it would be a good match therefore I applied for the position and was successfully shortlisted and got the position. It has been 2 years and 9 months down the road.
• What does your day entail?
On the social media aspects:
• Ensuring the website is optimised in different search engines.
• Manage the database.
• Update different social media pages.
• Update the website.
On talent sourcing and acquiring:
• Head hunting and Executive Searching for specialized roles across East Africa, South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.
• Client relationship management through client meetings and updates.
• Conducting interviews and assessments. All our candidates undergo rigorous testing.
• Engaging both passive and active candidates.
• What’s the most enjoyable part of your day?
Getting a chance to share what Summit Recruitment and Search does with the outside world on a day to day basis. In addition to this I enjoy the process of searching for specialized talent skills. This affords me a chance to interact with passive candidates who are not looking on job boards, but more than happy to explore exciting career opportunities.
• Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Accomplishments can be taught, but passion is innate. Passion to me is what keeps me up, restless, as I attempt to figure out how to work something. I am easy going, enjoy dealing with people, fashion, technology and travelling. I am a big fan of the TV series, Game of Thrones and winter is coming!
I love change and I believe there is a reason for everything – we connect the dots later on.
For more information regarding the team at Summit Recruitment & Search: http://bit.ly/21FOkRR