• What made you join Summit Recruitment & Search?
I was seeking for a career shift and a way to enhance my HR skills. I heard about Summit Recruitment & Search through my classmate and friend who spoke highly about the team and company and in one of our conversations she mentioned there was an opening and I decided to give it a go. I always wanted to get more involved with talent management, head hunting and executive search and recruitment. This gives me the perfect opportunity to work across East Africa and South Africa and learn about new cultures.
• What does your day entail?
My day depends on the roles I am handling at the time and entails the following;
• Source, executive search and attract candidates by using databases & headhunting.
• Client relationship management through client meetings and updates.
• Conducting interviews and assessments. All our candidates undergo rigorous psychometric testing, including Myers Briggs (MBTI), OPQ32.
• Screen candidate’s resumes and job applications.
• Sifting through CV applications for various roles in Kenya and East Africa and South Africa through our database.
• Performing background checks for the candidates.
• Offer advice to candidates to career path or goals.
• Analyse the psychometric tests done by the candidates.
• What’s the most enjoyable part of your day?
That would be definitely interacting with people from all walks of life. When you get to listen to candidates, you learn something either about life in general or about the companies and jobs. Also,the thrill of not knowing what will happen the next minute you walk in the door. It might be a client loves a candidate so much they offer them the job on the first interview or a perfect candidate about to accept a job pulls out at the last minute; there is nothing better than the feeling of bringing together a qualified candidate with a great career opportunity. In Summit I have been able to experience it all.
• Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am an extrovert who loves people, nature and wildlife. I spend most of my free time with my 2 kids who are a handful but love it either way. I love baking a lot and swimming (even though I can’t ha-ha). I spent most of my “young life” in the wild, am in love with wild animals well “almost all” apart from the snakes. I can’t watch them on TV, Books or life. They freak me out totally and that’s a fear I don’t wish to overcome. Am currently a working mum and a student, I try to find a balance of all 3 to ensure I stay sane.