Are you having a skype interview? Here is how to prepare:
- Test audio and camera.
- Elevate your laptop to avoid staring down into the camera.
- Dress professionally.
- Position yourself at a table, against a plain, neutral background.
- Check the lighting in the room.
- Close all other applications on your laptop.
- Silence cell phone and disable vibration.
- Have a copy of your resume at hand.
- Attach post-it’s around the laptop screen with prompts and questions you wish to ask the interviewer.
- Exclude kids, pets, etc from the room for the duration of the interview.
- Have a pen and paper at hand.
- Have a glass of water next to you.
- Have the phone number of the interviewer in case the video connection is lost.
Having great skills and experience, demonstrate them by speaking into the camera, NOT into the screen, with a nice smile!
Send a “thank you” email within 6-8 hours of the interview.
Courtesy: Kirsty Bonner | #KB