Why is this important?
Because by asking questions you demonstrate interest, curiosity, passion, EQ, etc.
Here are some GENERIC suggestions:
- “Why do you enjoy working for this company?”
-People love talking about themselves and you should get insight into workplace culture
2. “What is your Management style?”
-Your preference might be servant or consultative etc.
3.“What can you tell me about the team that I will be working with?”
-Know with whom you will be spending 40 hours+ per week of your life
4. “What immediate challenges is the department facing in light of COVID-19?”
-Good way to probe about company weaknesses.
5. “How do you effectively provide feedback to your employees?”
-Find out how well management communicates.
6. “What is your expectation of me in the first 6 months in this role.”
-This will be an indication of pressure you may face.
7. “What are the top 3 values of this company?”
-A good integrity check.
You should also ask questions about the technical and operational side of the role that you are interviewing for, based on the job description.
Also, please respect the cultural norms of your region.
Remember that interviews are two-way conversations.
So be yourself!
Courtesy | KB by Kirsty Bonner